USB Type-C,the latest USB standard came to the spotlight after been introduced in latest Macbook with retina display and Chromebook pixel,so what is USB Type-C. It is an another standard like USB 3.0,USB 2.0 so what makes this USB Special. Lets see.
- It is Reversible:Yes. You can plug the dongles even upside down.It is reversible like Apple lightning charger(thanks to its circular design).So there will be no frustration in plugging the dongles in to the ports.
- It may be also be used as a charging port:Yes.It is like the Micro USB port we use in the mobiles.It can be used as a primary USB port and also as a charging port.It can charge faster upto 100 watts.
- It may also Used as a Display Port:This type of ports support Outputs such as VGA,HDMI even 4K displays such as Monitor,Tv's and many things.
- Backward Compatible:Like all USB standards this is backward compatible with USB 3.0 and below.
- Its Fast:The new standard USB can transfer data upto a speed of 10gbps which is two times faster than USB 3.0